To become an UpCaller, you will need the following equipment:
- A Windows or Mac Desktop or Laptop Computer
- A reliable network connection. Read Twilio's network and equipment best practices to ensure you have a strong enough network to make calls from.
- The most recent version of Google Chrome. Our site isn't designed to work well on Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox or mobile devices/tablets.
- A good quality headset with a microphone. It's best to use a headset with a 3.5mm audio jack. We don't recommend using bluetooth headsets. They don't have always have the best connectivity. USB headsets may not work properly if your browser issues an update and it's not compatible with the USB device.
- If you're going to use your built-in microphone, you can check if you have a working microphone on your computer by following this link: https://www.onlinemictest.com/, you need to authorize the access as well.
All calls will be made using our state-of-the-art web-based dialer. Our web-based dialer utilized Twilio so you'll need to make sure that your network and equipment also meet their requirements. Below is a link to Twilio's guides to ensure you have call environment able to make high quality calls.
If Twilio tells us that they are detecting poor call quality, we'll let you know through your notifications panel. If you get too many notifications, we may temporarily disable your account until you're able to fix the issues.
Most of the time, issues occur due to poor network quality or damaged audio equipment. Check these first as it could be something as simple as restarting your router or getting a different headset.